Gregg E. Rafter*
Assistant: Julie Wong
Direct: 604 647 4125
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Risk Management + Compliance
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Product Liability
* Law Corporation
Gregg is a Shareholder in the Boughton Law’s Litigation Group and head of the Personal Injury Group. He has a broad spectrum of litigation experience and represents clients on such complex commercial litigation matters as construction claims, intellectual property disputes, employment matters, personal injury claims, enforcement of foreign judgments and collections.
Gregg has appeared as counsel before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the British Columbia Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Canada.
- University of Manitoba, B.Comm.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- Year of Call: 1994 (B.C.)
- Director, BC Aviation Council
- Member, Aviation Insurance Association
- Freeman, The Honourable Company of Air Pilots
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Director, British Columbia Aviation Council
- Member, Lawyer-Pilot Bar Association
News & Media
- An Update on Spam (Not the Stuff in the Can)
- The rules and regulations applying to drones [In the News on CKNW]
- Game of Drones
- Can you be fired for your out-of-office bad behavior? [In the News on CKNW]
- My Business is Being Sued – What do I do? [Legal Series on CKNW]
- My business is being sued! What do I do now?
Successfully settling a trademark infringement claim for damages in excess of $10m
Advising the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in a disputed claim over proceeds of a large stock fraud
Advising a broadcasting company in a dispute including issues regarding the applicability of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to its operations
Successfully settling a wrongful death claim for the spouse of a passenger killed in an airplane crash