Candice R. Mordy
Candice has a corporate commercial practice, advising private companies on a range of issues including incorporation structures, debt/equity financing, asset/share purchases, and general corporate matters. Her practice includes providing general counsel to small and medium-sized businesses as well as providing advice on large corporate transactions such as restructurings.
She also maintains a practice advising public companies on general corporate and securities matters including corporate governance, continuous disclosure and compliance, and other securities filing requirements. She has extensive transactional experience with mergers and acquisitions, public and private placement financings, initial public offerings and stock exchange listings, capital pool company listings and qualifying transactions and reverse take-overs.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- University of British Columbia, B.A.
- Year of Call: 2008 (B.C.)
Member, Canadian Bar Association (B.C. Branch)
Co-Editor, O’Brien’s Encyclopedia of Forms – Division II Corporations for British Columbia
- Lecturer, Corporate Governance and Public Financing, Faculty of Business Administration, Simon Fraser University, and TSX Venture Exchange, Vancouver 2009-2016
- Co-Speaker, Securities Fundamentals: Private Placements, CLE, November 18, 2014
- Guest Speaker, UBC Arts Career Expo 2011, Law Panelist
- Guest Speaker, UBC Finance Club Investment Banking Speaker Series 2009