Boughton Law’s Entertainment Law Practice Group advises both Canadian and American clients on a wide spectrum of entertainment-related legal matters. Our entertainment lawyers provide counsel to animation and live action producers, studios, as well as directors, writers and on-camera talent, artists and companies involved in all areas of the entertainment industry, including film, radio, television, music and publishing.
Areas of Expertise
Entertainment law is an extensive field spanning multiple legal disciplines. Our entertainment lawyers are versed in the areas of:
- Production legal and business affairs
- Contract law and negotiation
- Production and Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Music rights and royalties
- Publicity and privacy rights
- Guild, employment and labor issues
- General corporate legal issues
- Production Financing and tax credits
- International Co-Productions and CRTC Co-Ventures
- Intellectual property and copyright issues
- Publishing and distribution matters
- Marketing, advertising, promotion and publicity matters
As a West Coast firm, our lawyers can offer insights into the unique opportunities and challenges faced by those in British Columbia’s diverse entertainment industry. Clients engaged with our Entertainment Law Practice Group also have access to experienced lawyers in our Corporate and Commercial, Tax, Immigration, Employment, Real Estate and Intellectual Property practice groups.
Our affiliation with Meritas, a global alliance of independent law firms, allows us to provide legal advice on a global scale.