Catherine H. Kim
Catherine practices in the areas of tax planning and tax dispute resolution, as well as in the area of estate planning.
In her tax planning practice, Catherine advises individuals on personal tax and wealth management matters, with a focus on trust and estate planning strategies. Her focus also includes succession, governance and other strategic planning for local private and family-owned businesses through the use of corporate reorganizations, trusts and shareholders’ agreements.
On tax dispute matters, she works with both individual and corporate clients to resolve their disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Catherine completed both her Bachelor of Arts (2007) and Juris Doctor (2012) at the University of British Columbia. She joined Boughton Law as a summer articled student in 2011 and was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2013. Catherine is currently completing her final year in the CPA In-Depth Tax Course.
Since 2017, she is also a member of the Board of Directors for the AWF Association of Women in Finance.
- University of British Columbia, J.D. (2012)
- University of British Columbia, B.A. in Psychology (2007)
- Year of Call: 2013 (B.C.)
- CPA In-Depth Tax Course (2016 to Present)
- Director, AWF Association of Women in Finance
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Taxation Law and Wills & Trusts subsections
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Canada Korea Business Association
“Exit Strategies: The Purchase and Sale of a Business”; The Entrepreneur, April 2017
Panelist, “’Employees vs. Contractors: What your Business Should Know”
Spacekraft Presents: Creating Genius
Global Entrepreneurship Week
November 19, 2015