Catherine H. Kim
Assistant: Alice Law
Areas of Expertise
- Tax and Business Succession Planning
- Tax Disputes
- Estate Planning
Catherine practices in tax, trusts and estate planning. She advises at personal and corporate levels on matters such as business succession, corporate reorganizations, international tax planning, probate planning and local real estate taxes. With her extensive background in corporate and estates law, her focus also includes advising local private and family-owned businesses on corporate governance and other strategic planning with tools like trusts and shareholders’ agreements.
Catherine also advises taxpayers on their disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Catherine has completed all 3 years of the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (2016 to 2019). She has also volunteered and served on the board of directors for the AWF Association of Women in Finance and on the executive of CBABC subsections.
Catherine joined Boughton Law as a summer student in 2011 and was called to the British Columbia bar in 2013. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of British Columbia, Allard School of Law, in 2012 and her Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Psychology from the University of British Columbia in 2007.
- University of British Columbia, J.D. (2012)
- University of British Columbia, B.A. in Psychology (2007)
- Year of Call: 2013 (B.C.)
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (completed August 2019)
- Governance Director and Secretary, AWF Association of Women in Finance, 2017 to 2019
- Secretary, CBABC Banking Subsection, 2015
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Taxation Law and Wills & Trusts subsections
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Canada Korea Business Association
Panelist, “Employment, Family, Tax and Estates Law; Dress for Success”, August 2019
“Exit Strategies: The Purchase and Sale of a Business”; The Entrepreneur, April 2017
Panelist, “’Employees vs. Contractors: What your Business Should Know”
“Buy-Sell Agreements – Legal Considerations and Funding”; HollisWealth and Luft Financial, September 2015
Spacekraft Presents: Creating Genius
Global Entrepreneurship Week
November 19, 2015