Luca is a Shareholder, member of the Board of Directors of Boughton Law, and leads the Business Practice Group. Focusing primarily on Corporate and commercial law, Luca supports his clients in the structuring, sale and continuing operations of their businesses. With a track record of successful transactions spanning SMEs, global firms and numerous industries, his clients value his unwavering commitment to excellence and long-term planning to support their current and future business needs.
Collaborating closely with other members of Boughton Law, including the Tax, Litigation, Employment, and Real Estate Groups, he provides thorough legal solutions through all phases of his clients’ needs. Luca’s deep understanding of a client’s business allows him to provide tailored legal guidance along with uncovering potential business opportunities.
In addition to corporate and commercial law, Luca maintains an ancillary practice in IP law and is a registered Canadian Trademark Agent.
Throughout his career, Luca has been committed to giving back to the community where he lives and works. Serving on a number of committees and boards, his efforts have supported meaningful civic, social and charitable initiatives throughout Greater Vancouver. Within the firm, he developed and currently chairs Boughton Law’s Community Action Committee, a firm-wide initiative that pairs Boughton’s lawyers with organizations in need of volunteer legal expertise. Most recently, Boughton has partnered with Dress for Success to help women entrepreneurs navigate the legal hurdles of the business world.
- Simon Fraser University, B.A.
- Queen’s University, LL.B.
- Year of Call: 2002
Board Member, Meritas Law Firms Worldwide
Vice-President, Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association
Board Member, Vancouver New Year’s Eve Celebration Society
Former President, Italian Cultural Centre Society
Committee Member, Meritas Law Firms Worldwide
News & Media
- Parq Holdings Limited Partnership Completes Project Financing for Development of World-Class Urban Resort and Casino
- New Year, New Shareholders
- Luca Citton Appointed as a Committee Member of the DVBIA
- Selling Your Business: Minimizing Financial Risk in a Purchase [Infographic]
- Succession Planning: Not Just a Family Affair
- Google’s move to Alphabet explained [In the News on CKNW]
- Starting Up Smart! – Part 2 [Legal Series on CKNW]
- Starting Up Smart
- Starting Up Smart! Part 1 [Legal Series on CKNW]
- Starting a Business? – Don’t Forget the Paperwork!
- Why Incorporating Your Business Makes Sense
- Buying and Selling a Business [Legal Series on CKNW]
- Buying a Business? Common Questions Answered by Luca Citton
- Business Strategies: The Best Partnership Deals Start with the Paperwork
- 3 Things to Remember When Incorporating Your Business
- 3 Tips for Purchasing a Business
- Acted for a resort development company in connection with the restructuring and development of a $600 million dollar resort
- Acted for vendors in a $70 million asset sale of a nation-wide laundry service
- Acted for purchasers in a $5 million asset purchase of a software licensing business
- Acted for vendors in a $10 million asset sale of a software licensing business
- Acted for franchisees and franchisors in large and small franchises including preparation, review and negotiation of franchise agreements, negotiations with landlords on behalf of franchisors regarding franchisee leases, and wind up of franchise agreements
- Acted for numerous purchasers of local businesses as part of their applications for the Provincial Nominee Program
- Acted for both purchasers and vendors of numerous professional practices in Metro Vancouver
- Acted for vendors in a $7 million share sale of retail business
"We have had the pleasure of working with Luca Citton since 2010. His ability to problem solve and apply creative solutions to complex, and often delicate situations within business sales and acquisition transactions has certainly gained our confidence, and respect, and we highly recommend Mr. Citton to our clients."