Carol A. Lee*
Assistant: Marlo Carpenter
Areas of Expertise
- Real Estate Transactions and Development
- Real Estate Financing
- Commercial Contracts
- Estate Planning
* Law Corporation
Carol has a solicitor’s practice, with over 25 years experience advising on real estate, corporate commercial and estate planning law. Her clients range from individuals and privately-held companies to large investors, public companies, joint ventures, syndicates and other groups, many of them long term clients. Carol was associate counsel with a downtown Vancouver boutique real estate and business law firm prior to joining Boughton Law. She focuses on providing practical, responsive, results-based legal services.
Her experience includes acting for clients in real estate acquisitions and sales, transaction financing for lenders and borrowers, real estate management, and commercial lease negotiations and preparation. She has assisted developers for multi family and mixed use strata development projects, air space parcel projects, land assembly, rezoning and subdivision work in various municipalities and other local governments, density bonus and heritage designations, and strata conversions.
Carol also represents clients for business purchases and sales, various commercial contracts, corporate reorganizations and succession planning. Her practice also encompasses wills and estate planning, trusts, estate administration and probate work.
University of British Columbia, B.A.
Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, JD
Year of Call: 1981 (B.C.)
- Contributor, Continuing Legal Education (B.C.)
- Lecturer, Professional Legal Training Course (B.C.)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association – B.C. Real Estate, Business, Wills and Estates Sub-Sections
- Past Chair, Canadian Bar Association – B.C. Corporate Counsel SubSection
- Past Director of The Arthritis Society (B.C./Yukon), IMAGINE Canada, and Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden Society
- Volunteer, YWCA Vancouver
News & Media
- Acted for developer on conversion to retail strata of a retail complex on Robson Street Vancouver
- Acted for purchaser of $50 million Greater Vancouver rental apartment portfolio
- Preparation and registration of Indian Lands leases and other documents at Ottawa Indian Lands Registry
- Acted for developer of mixed use developments in West Broadway, Kerrisdale, and Fairview Slopes areas
- Acted for developer in the acquisition, development and sale of 600 acres of land in Bowen Island
- Negotiated sale of Richmond commercial property to Translink for its Canada Line rail rapid transit project
- Acted for specialty transportation products manufacturer for entry into overseas markets and build to suit site
- Acted in numerous financing transactions of businesses and income and development properties
- Acted for shopping centre owners on leasing matters, construction, financing and management
- Acted for fast food franchisee of several locations for stand alone leases and purpose build negotiations
- Corporate reorganization of a national insulation and fireproofing company
- Acted for national employee relocation company for the relocation of client employees