Scott M. MacKenzie*
Assistant: Alicia Shaw
Direct: 604 647 4109
Areas of Expertise
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Creditor’s Remedies
- Personal Injury
- Risk Management & Compliance
* Law Corporation
Scott is a Shareholder practicing in the area of civil litigation. His broad expertise includes commercial litigation in the areas of construction, real estate, estates, employment, securities and contractual disputes. In addition, he advises on tendering law, advising bidders and owners on their rights and obligations with a view to protecting the integrity of the bidding process.
Scott’s construction clients, to whom he provides advice on disputes including lien claims, commercial lease disputes, breach of contract and negligence actions, and claims against architects and engineers, include owners, developers, contractors and subcontractors and strata councils.
Scott has also acted as counsel for defendants in product liability and personal injury actions and is experienced in cases involving breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust and unjust enrichment. He has appeared before both the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal of British Columbia.
- University of Western Ontario, B.A.
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- Year of call: 2004 (B.C.)
Member, Civil Litigation Subsection, Construction and Employment Law Subsections, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
BBB Webinar ‘Small Claims Court – What Small Business Owners Need to Know’
News & Media
Representative work includes advising:
- The British Columbia Housing Commission on residential “leaky condo” developments;
- On employment advice and wrongful dismissal claims;
- Financial institutions and other corporate clients in advancing claims against debtors and enforcing judgments;
- Brokerage firms and investment advisors in disputes with former clients.