We advise on:
- Corporate Financing structures involving shares, warrants, convertible debt securities, limited partnership units, and other securities or instruments; preparation of offering documents, including prospectuses, offering memoranda and term sheets, for public and private equity and debt financings; cross-border transactions to help Canadian clients access U.S. capital markets and U.S. clients access Canadian markets
- Preparation of listing applications and support documents for listings on Canadian and American stock exchanges and quotation systems
- Corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, U.S. cross-border transactions, reverse takeovers, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, and capital alterations
- Securities regulatory compliance including continuous disclosure, corporate governance, directors’ and officers’ duties and liabilities, and assisting Canadian companies with U.S. SEC compliance
- Shareholder rights including take-over defence mechanisms such as shareholder rights plans, proxy contests, and shareholder disputes
We act for issuers (corporations, trusts, partnerships, investment funds, and mutual funds), directors, officers, consultants, shareholders, brokerage firms, and industry service providers in such industry sectors as natural resource (mining, oil and gas), alternative energy, technology, biotechnology, and biomedical.
Our clients include companies listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (the “TSX”), the TSX Venture Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, the Canadian Securities Exchange, and the NASD’s Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board.
News & Media
- The Business Story behind BC’s Mining Industry [Legal Series on CKNW]
- Canada’s Junior Equity Markets in Crisis?
- Uncertainty in the Financing of Medical Marijuana Companies in Canada